I'm attempting to summarize first principles and mantras that drive me as a founder — originally shared on Twitter.
These are not meant to be universal, but I think they might be good guiding principles to other founders as well.
Will update this in the future, and possibly expand each point below.
- Build for yourself
- Think, build, polish, ship, repeat
- Sprint, rest, sprint, rest
- Leverage your unique knowledge and long time passions
- If it feels like work: delegate it, automate it, avoid it
- Think years (and decades) ahead
- Iterate relentlessly
- Make users happier about themselves
- Make users signal to others how much happier they are
- If 90% of users don’t care about it, nuke it